Edythe Anstey Hanen lives on Bowen Island, a small island off the west coast of British Columbia.
She was the editor of the Bowen Island Undercurrent newspaper for many years and has published articles, short stories and poetry in literary magazines as well as in The Globe & Mail and The National Post.
She is a regular contributor to Mexconnect, an online travel magazine and is published in Sol: Writing in Mexico.
She has also published a historical book Bowen Island: Reflections.
Edythe has prize-winning stories published in two anthologies: National Voices and This Island, We Celebrate.
Editing, Ghostwriting, other work:
Edythe is available for editing, ghost-writing and is interested in working with people writing their memoirs.
• Literary Writes; Federation Of BC Writers: Fall/Winter 2010; The Heart Box – First prize
• Canadian Authors Association; December 2012; The Escape; Second prize
• CBC Canada Writes; December 2012;The Crystal Set, Finalist
• North Shore Writers Contest; February 2013; The White Madonna; Honourable Mention
• CAA Literary Writes, September 2013: Best Fiction of the Year