Looking for Group in Nanaimo, BC

Forums Writing Groups Looking for Group in Nanaimo, BC

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jacoba vB 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Shaleeta Harper
    Keymaster

Hello, all! I would like to join a writers group in Nanaimo, BC, somewhere in Central Nanaimo (Between Country Club Mall and VIU). I did find a great one in North Nanaimo, but it’s a bit far for me to go–our little family shares a car, so I try to use it as little as possible.

I write poetry and short fiction and enjoy prompt writing. I also would love to meet at a coffee shop, if possible, because I’m always looking for an excuse to have a cup.

I’m also open to starting one if enough people are interested. Thanks!

🙂
    -Shaleeta Harper

• #6948 Reply

Jill Talbot

I was thinking the same thing. I was going to go to the group you refer to, but it would take me so long to get there and I am not great at being motivated in the morning. Let me know if you get one going!

• #6954 Reply

Dale Jensen

I’m south of VIU and new to participating in writing groups, but I would very much like to join! I don’t mind a drive and I love finding new coffee shops. 🙂

• #6958 Reply

Shaleeta Harper
    Keymaster

Great to hear! So that’s three, so far. We could meet close to the Gabriola ferry, maybe around 1-2pm, if that’s easier for you, Jill?

• #6960 Reply

Jill Talbot

Near the ferry works or elsewhere. I don’t mind catching a bus or walking. Travel time doesn’t bother me so much as getting up early!

• #6972 Reply

Dale Jensen

Sorry I missed the 12th’s message! Is there another meeting? May I join?

• #6973 Reply

Jill Talbot

You didn’t miss anything. We haven’t started yet…

• #6974 Reply

Shaleeta Harper
    Keymaster

Do you guys want to give this a go sometime soon? I’ll just throw a date/time/place out, feel free to make other suggestions, my schedule is open and I’m good with most places. The Buzz is my favorite place, and if it’s just us three it would work, but more and it gets tricky–it’s pretty loud when it’s busy.

Monday, October 2, 2:30 pm, Mon Petite Choux (the quietest coffee shop I know of that isn’t tiny).

• #6975 Reply

Jill Talbot

Works for me! See you then.

• #6976 Reply

Shaleeta Harper
    Keymaster

See you, Jill! Hope you can make it, Dale.

• #6994 Reply

Dale Jensen

See you Monday!

• #6998 Reply

Shaleeta Harper
    Keymaster

See you guys in a couple of hours. 3 pm, Buzz Coffee House, right?

• #6999 Reply

Dale Jensen

Sorry Jill and Shaleeta,I cannot make it today. Next time?

• #7000 Reply

Shaleeta Harper

No problem! I’m here late, as usual. I may have missed* Jill? Either way, it’s across the road so no issues if it’s just me today. We’ll just plan something next week. 🙂

• #7058 Reply

karin

Hi there! Wondering if this group is open to new members…also, do you always meet during working hours? Have been looking for a group that meets on Saturday afternoons or Sundays. Downtown is perfect!

Thanks,
    Karin

• #7074 Reply

jacoba vB

Shaleeta
    I am interested in joining too! Let me know if you are planning any coffee dates! Thanks!

Reply To: Looking for Group in Nanaimo, BC
Your information:

Comments are closed