Request for Proposals deadline January 9, 5 p.m.
The Federation of BC Writers is looking for an experienced, versatile, hard-working leader for the contract position of Executive Director. Individuals considered for this part-time position (80 allocated hours per month) must be able to work with the Board of Directors developing and managing programs and services delivered to the Fed’s 450 plus members throughout BC. He or she will:
- Be responsible for strategic planning and implementation;
- Show leadership in developing program, organizational and financial plans with the Board of Directors, and carry out plans and policies authorized by the board;
- Promote active and broad participation by volunteers in all areas of the Fed’s work;
- Write grant applications to secure funding for FBCW programs that enhance writing and literary programs in BC;
- Have hands-on responsibilities for many of the administrative, communications and technical operations of the Federation.
Proposals – including contract terms and costs – must be submitted electronically, no later than 5 PM, January 9, 2015. A full description of the Executive Director’s role and responsibilities can be downloaded from the FBCW web site. Any questions concerning the RFP or scope of the work required should be directed to Ben Nuttall-Smith – President of The Federation of BC Writers at